Come as you are. SEARCH for More.
What are you searching for? (John 1:38)
SEARCH Retreat coming February 2023
Are you SEARCHing for something more in life? Are you SEARCHing for a meaningful experience of God’s extravagant love for you?
Join Campus Ministry as we get away and reflect on who we are, our relationship with God, and the importance of a faith community built on love and forgiveness. There will be witness talks, small group discussions, reflection, prayer, confession, mass, community building activities, and much more.
Spaces are limited. All undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. While this retreat is centered on the Christian tradition, all LMU students are welcome to apply regardless of where they are in their faith journey.
Application: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP (Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2023)
Payment: $75 (non-refundable, financial aid available)
(Pay by cash, check, flexi, or credit card)
Question? Contact Fr. Manh Tran, S.J., at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.258.5486.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Search Retreat?
- The Search Retreat is an off-campus weekend designed for all who are longing for something more. Search offers you a meaningful experience of God’s unconditional love by exploring a number of topics including identity, faith, discipleship, forgiveness, and the body of Christ. Regardless of where you are on your faith journey, come as you are, search for more, and be transformed by love.
- Meet new friends and experience a community full of fun, faith, and friendship
- Get away and encounter God through community, prayers, and nature
- Have time to reflect on and explore Jesus’ question, “What are you searching for?”
When and where will the retreat take place?
- The bus will be leaving from LMU on Friday around 5:30pm and will return on Sunday around 4pm. If you have a class conflict or concern, please contact Fr. Manh Tran at email@example.com.
- Location: TBD
I have class until 5:30pm. Is that a problem?
- No problem. Bring your personal belongings with your name on them to our Campus Ministry Office in Malone 210. We will take your bags on the bus for you. Please contact Fr. Manh so he is aware of your situation.
Do I have to be Catholic or Christian to attend the Search Retreat?
- No. Although the retreat is based on the Christian faith, all students are welcome to attend.
I’m a grad student, can I attend the Search Retreat?
- Unfortunately, the Search retreat is for undergraduate students only. If you are looking for a graduate retreat, contact Sr. Maria Lai, C.S.J., Campus Minister for Graduate Students, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost? Any Scholarships? How can I pay? Are there refunds?
- Payment: $75 (nonrefundable, financial aid available)
- Payment Method: cash, check, flexi, or credit card.
- Scholarship: if you need help, contact Fr. Manh Tran, S.J. at email@example.com
- Refunds: In the case of emergencies, you may cancel up to one week in advance. If approved, you may receive a full credit applicable toward a future retreat.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
- Contact Fr. Manh Tran, S.J., at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.258.5486.
Hear from LMU students who have attended SEARCH
“I have never felt such a strong sense of community than on Search. This strong sense of community allowed me to see new ways to connect with God which, in return, renewed my relationship with him."
“SEARCH changed my life in ways I never expected. I highly recommend it!”