Pastoral care and spiritual resources
In this time of great uncertainty, vulnerability, and isolation, our traditional models and practices of faith community and spiritual connection may more difficult or even impossible. However, there are many ways we can remain connected to our brothers and sisters in faith, our spiritual mentors and companions, and shared worship opportunities.
We invite you to explore the resources and information below. If you're looking for something in particular and don't find it -- or if you're not quite sure what you're looking for -- please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for the fastest response.
LMU Prayer Services
- The LMU Community is invited to attend a weekly prayer service based on the Sunday scripture readings. While we cannot be together to celebrate the Sunday Eucharist in Sacred Heart Chapel, we can gather together and be united in prayer as we celebrate the Liturgy of the Word and offer the LMU community’s prayers of petition.
- Cathedral of our Lady of the Angels (Archdiocese of Los Angeles)
Daily readings and reflections
- Daily Scripture readings (English | español) in text and audio formats from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Magnificat (English | español): Morning and evening prayer, daily scripture readings, meditations, and more. Subscriptions are currently free and available in English and Spanish, print or digital.
- Give Us This Day: Morning and evening prayer, daily reflections and inspiration. Free for digital access.
- Living with Christ: Daily readings and prayer journal downloads
- JesuitPrayer.org: Daily readings, reflections, and prayers
- The Little Spiritual Exercises: Brief daily prompts for reflection and calm, from Fr. Jim McDermott, SJ
- Liturgy of the Hours: Introduction to the Liturgy of the Hours and resources for weekly morning prayer, including worship aids and hymns, from Liturgy Training Publications.
- Magnificat: Readings and prayers for daily liturgy, including worship aids for Sunday celebration of the Liturgy of the Word
Audio and podcast prayer and reflections
- The Examen: Daily examen and weekly reflections, led by Fr. James Martin, SJ.
- "Pray as You Stay" from Pray as You Go: Daily music, scripture, and questions for reflection for a time of self-isolation and uncertainty, from Jesuit Media Initiatives.
Visit the "Wisdom from our traditions" section for more prayers, meditations, and spiritual tools (including guided Examens and other Ignatian practices) for times of crisis and uncertainty.
By honoring the dignity and uniqueness of each person and the sacredness of each one's journey, spiritual directors invite individuals into healthy living, into wholeness and holiness, into being their best selves. While counseling is often concerned with social adjustment and therapeutic management of life's problems, spiritual direction focuses on the person's deepening relationship with the Sacred. Spiritual direction assumes both a faith perspective and a fundamental desire for prayer and intimacy with God. Since they each have a different focus, some people choose to participate in both forms of guidance, but usually in separate contexts.
- Students: Sr. Joanna Carroll, CSJ at 310.338.5206 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty and staff: Fr. Randy Roche, SJ at 310.258.8695 or email@example.com
These individuals are available to speak with you and refer you to additional resources as well as to clergy and lay ministers:
- All community members
- Faculty and staff: Fr. Randy Roche, SJ, Chaplain and Director of the Center for Ignatian Spirituality | 310.258.8695 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students: Joanna Carroll, CSJ, Campus Minister | 310.338.5206 or email@example.com
- Alumni: Richard Robin, SJ, Alumni Chaplain | 310.338.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Mayfield, Campus Minister | 310.338.3005 or email@example.com
- Rabbi Zach Zysman, Campus Rabbi and Director of Jewish Student Life | 310.568.6131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kienan Taweil, Program Coordinator for Muslim Student Life | 310.338.5808 or Kienan.Taweil@lmu.edu
Looking for another faith community not on this list, or not sure where to start? Email us at email@example.com and we'll get you connected with the right person.
- All community members