Ignatian Colleagues Program
The Ignatian Colleagues Program (ICP) is an 18-month program sponsored by the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities for senior administrators and faculty leaders. ICP involves online workshops on Catholic, Jesuit identity and Ignatian themes, an immersion trip, and a six-day experience of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. The experience concludes with the development of a mission project to be implemented on campus.
Cohorts first gather in July of each year and complete the program in December of the following calendar year
Online and in varying locations depending on cohort year
- Senior administrators (Cabinet officers, SVPs/VPs/AVPs, Vice and Associate Provosts, Deans and Associate Deans, Directors) and/or faculty leaders from all divisions of the university
- Current or potential animators of mission capable of advancing mission as a result of their ICP experience
- Administrators or faculty with traditional leadership/management experience but who will benefit from a deeper familiarity with LMU’s mission, Ignatian values, and/or Catholic higher education
Upon completion of the program, participants will be better able to:
- integrate the Ignatian heritage into their work in a way consistent with their values, thus deepening their institutions’ Ignatian Identity;
- articulate the Ignatian heritage as a way of mentoring others, thus developing a “critical mass” of mission leaders on campus and across the AJCU network; and
- exercise administrative leadership and decision-making that reflects Ignatian values, practices, and Jesuit commitments, thus advancing the school’s Jesuit, Catholic mission.
To hear first-person testimonials about the ICP experience and what it has meant to and for participants, visit the ICP Alumni Narratives page.
To learn more about ICP and its elements, visit www.ignatiancolleagues.org. For information about participating in LMU's cohort or to apply, contact Katherine Brown, Director of Mission and Identity Programs, at Katherine.Brown@lmu.edu.
ICP alumni currently at LMU