What is Ignatian Spirituality?
Loyola Marymount prides itself on its rich traditions. The Ignatian / Jesuit vision:
- Sees life and the whole universe as a gift calling forth wonder and gratefulness.
- Gives ample scope to imagination and emotion as well as intellect.
- Seeks to find the divine in all things – in all peoples and cultures, in all areas of study and learning, in every human experience, and especially in the person of Jesus.
- Cultivates critical awareness of personal and social evil, but points to God's love as more powerful than any evil.
- Stresses freedom, need for discernment, and responsible action.
- Empowers people to become leaders in service, men and women for others, whole persons of solidarity, building a more just, humane world.