Why Immersion in Campus Ministry
Campus Ministry seeks to provide experiences where students can fall in love and grow in solidarity with the people of the world and especially the poor, to let their stories become our stories. An immersion trip through Campus Ministry should:
- Encourage Ignatian reflection and spiritual examination in the context of a new culture.
- Explore the intersection of faith and justice.
- Examine injustice and the structures that perpetuate it through the lens of Catholic Social Teaching.
Campus Ministry’s Ignacio Companions program offers immersion trips focused on four pillars: faith, social justice, simple living, and community. Participants are challenged to expand their worldview, open themselves to the reality of the people they encounter on the journey, and find God in all places and things. The Ignacio Companion program challenges participants to discover the deep connection between faith and justice, and become individuals more fully alive.
All IC Trips:
- Are connected with a Jesuit Institution, Jesuit Apostolic Work, or Ignatian Inspired Religious Organization
- Provide an opportunity for Ignatian reflection and spiritual examination and exploration while immersed in new cultural context
- Provide an opportunity to explore the intersection of faith and justice as integral to our being a people fully alive
- Provide an opportunity for a faith based experience with our host community
- Provide an opportunity for participants to engage in a partnership and in solidarity with our host community
Winter Break Trip: January 1-8, 2017
Spring Break Trips: March 4-11, 2017
Summer Break Trip: May 9-23, 2017
Trip costs are subsidized through Campus Ministry. All costs include airfare and/or ground transportation, room and board, service projects, and cultural immersion experiences.